Thursday 15 December 2016

Guest Designer - Ioulia

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for our Christmas Wishes challenge.  Please say hello to Ioulia of julD Handmade who was the winner of the Elements of Nature challenge.


Hello, I am Ioulia (julD handmade) from Greece and I am so happy to be a Guest Designer at Stamps and Stencils. It is such an honor to be here today. Thank you so much.

I loved painting and crafting from my early years, but instead of becoming an artist I became an engineer who loves to create things in her free time. So,crafting is my hobby. My favourite is clay and texture in paintings. I am impressed by new techniques and altered materials.

The challenge for this month is Christmas Wishes. I decided to create a small mixed media canvas.


First I made an air dry clay reindeer.


Then, I used a burlap canvas panel (14x22cm) and I stuck upon it a scrapbooking paper, corrugated cardboard and paper lace.


I made a paper flower with scrapbooking paper and a gear. I added a felt snowflake, black wire, red wooden beads, cords, a little bell and some fabric pieces.




I splashed with white gesso and stuck 3d balls and a piece of lace.


I coloured with pigment colours and I added the reindeer and the words “Merry Christmas”.

I hope you like it. You are very welcome to stop by my blog to see a few more close ups. Thanks again for inviting me to be a Guest Designer this month.

* * *

This is our last post for 2016. The Stamps and Stencils team would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season and we hope to see you back here on January 5th for our first challenge of the New Year. In the meantime you still have time to enter the Christmas Wishes challenge and perhaps you will even have some new craft goodies to create with.

4 comments:

  1. this is beautiful - I really love what you have done! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic Christmas make! I love the layered background and your Flower and deer are fantastic!!! Thank you for joining us at this very busy time of year. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I so love the use of a cookie cutter and your gorgeous mix of textures and colors! Thanks so much for joining us. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete