Thursday 25 August 2016

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Avril !

Today we welcome Avril of Mrs B's Crafting Addiction as our Guest Designer. Avril was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Floral Frenzy challenge and was asked to join us for a day. So now let's move on to hear from Avril.


Hello, I am Avril (also known as Mrs B in blogland)  and I am absolutely delighted to have been invited to feature as Guest Designer here today.
I have always been interested in anything creative, I've knitted, sewn and even embroidered, but now my main interest is cardmaking.  I love nothing better than taking myself off to my little craft room and making a mess, in every respect!
 
 
 
 I was given some Tyvek envelopes by a friend and not really being sure what to do with them I initially put one on my 'spray box'.  The leftover inks do take a while to air dry, but the accumulative results have a gorgeous sheen.  This piece had some Dylusions Dirty Martini and some Tarnished Brass stain.
 
 
I masked off part of the flourish stencil before applying Texture paste.  I knew that the stains would 'bleed' through and colour the paste, but that didn't bother me. I sprayed more stains to the top of the piece, using Abandoned Coral and a little more Tarnished Brass. (Sorry forgot to take a photo!)
 
 
I stamped the Butterfly where I wanted it on the card so that I had the antennae,  and then on another piece of Tyvek that had been sprayed with Abandoned Coral and glued to a piece of card, I stamped but butterfly again and fussy cut.  I gave the wings a little shape and then mounted it over the stamped butterfly, and stamped the No. 5 with  Black Archival ink.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment onto a lighter piece and then cut apart.  I matted  these onto black cardstock  to finish.
 
 Thanks again for picking my card and for inviting me to join you as Guest Designer !

I'm sure you'll all agree that Avril's card is gorgeous and has provided even more inspiration for the current challenge which is Time to Take Flight which you still have plenty of time to join in with ! 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous guest piece from Avril!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and so beautiful. Thank you for the step by step on this beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avril, what an amazing project with such great details. Your background is way cool! Thanks so much for joining us as our guest. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Avril. Fabulous colours blending so well together. I love the dimension the stencilling and popped up butterfly add . Thank you for being our guest and sharing this lovely project . Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a very good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful project by Avril, full of interest.
    And this is good to know a bit more about you Avril! Congratulations for this guest DT post! x

    ReplyDelete